Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hello, and Welcome!!

I am very excited to be starting this blog. The idea has been churning in my mind for a little while now – ever since a good friend of mine started one that I’ve been trying to follow diligently. I struggled with the theme of my blog. I’ve seen people who use the blog to review plays and shows within the city. I’ve seen others keep it kind of like a diary. I considered basing the blog around my housesitting experiences.  But I think I would find that too limiting. I have every intention of having various posts regarding housesitting experiences, but the blog itself won’t be solely surrounding them.

I think the main goal of this blog is to indulge a little bit in my passionate side. As the title of it suggests, my logic side has taken over since, well, I would say 2nd year in college when I switched my degree from an Arts major to an International Business major. The passing of my father sealed the deal, and most of my passionate, and creative side went with him. I have spent many a time musing why this would be, and even mourned it awhile. But I have since made peace with it, and am now taking steps to slowly bring back that passion, creativity, and love of the arts.

My entrepreneurial side fought me a little when I decided to create this blog. That mind wanted me to use my gifts of analysis, and deeper thought to make money. Write a book. Become a counselor. My passionate side, though quietly, said instead to enjoy it, revel in it, and share it. And so, I bring you my blog – Logically Educated; Passionately Inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment